What Typically Gets Damaged by Commercial Water Damage?
From Rocky Point to Lenoir City, Commercial Businesses Rely Upon SERVPRO for Water Damage Mitigation and Cleanup
SERVPRO Techs Restore Lenoir City Businesses with Commercial Water Damage Repair
Commercial water damage affects business owners in Lenoir City on multiple levels. Not only does this type of disaster cost billions each year, but it can create even more in losses from future business until repairs and replacement measures are complete.
Lenoir City in need of water damage repair can count on SERVPRO to get the job done right. SERVPRO technicians use a meticulous and scientific approach to disaster cleanup that strives to minimize property loss and maximize cost savings during the mitigation and restoration process.
SERVPRO tools ensure that properties receive the same high standard of care required to mitigate disaster successfully. Equipment includes:
- Sophisticated moisture measurement technologies that help establish drying goals and monitor surfaces throughout the mitigation process.
- Extraction tools like wands and rovers ensure that water damage is successfully removed from carpeting and hard-to-reach areas on your property.
- EPA-registered antimicrobial solutions are made to tackle a variety of cleanup needs. SERVPRO has over 100 proprietary solutions available for combating microbial growth, among other disaster concerns.
- Industrial-grade drying equipment includes both air movement and dehumidification for a more efficient drying process.
- Commercial deodorization tools remove lingering water damage odors by behaving like water saturation.
Navigating Your Options for Commercial Water Damage Insurance
Are you trying to find an insurance plan that fits your business’s needs? Consider the following:
- Different policies cover different things. Commercial coverage may need varying amounts of supplemental coverage depending on the type of business you operate. Most business owners, however, would do well to maintain protections for both business assets and the structure of your commercial property.
- Coverage depends on the nature of the disaster. Sudden pipe leaks are more likely to be compensated that slow-acting leaks or drips that have caused damage over time. If the accident has taken a protracted period of time to occur, the insurer may reject compensating you for these damages on the grounds of potential negligence.
- You need to know what is covered under your plan. Keep in mind that flooding is separate from water damage, and requires additional supplemental coverage. Consult with your insurance agent about updating your coverage if you are concerned about the current state of your insurance policy.
Common Items in Need of Repair on Commercial Property
A commercial facility, such as a first-floor office, may need a broad spectrum of cleanup and replacement tasks performed to maintain safety and sanitation, including:
- Electrical components in the walls may require a temporary shutoff for cleaning and restoration after wall cavity water damage buildup.
- Carpeting and pad can quickly lose its ability to adhere to the floor. When this happens, throwing the carpeting away might be ideal compared to taking steps to preserve it. SERVPRO crews can offer guidance on the most cost-effective options for your flooring.
- Wooden furniture and similar items with finishes can experience staining or spreading of pigment.
- Inks in paper goods also bleed quickly after water damage exposure, which can spell bad news for clients looking to preserve essential business papers and other such documents.
- Metals can corrode quickly without fast action. This includes components inside office devices and kitchen appliances.
However, some items cannot be replaced easily. Delaminated vinyl floor tiles, waterlogged ceiling tiles, and crumbly drywall are often cheaper to replace than to repair.
SERVPRO Preserves Water-Damaged Assets
Did you know that SERVPRO mitigation measures also apply to commercial documents? While document restoration can be quite costly, technicians are trained to offer several different document restoration measures that are cost-effective.
Documents in need of restoration can be air-dried on site. SERVPRO techs also have access to offsite cleaning facilities where materials can be frozen and then dried without accumulating additional water damage. SERVPRO can also create digital copies of your documents and upload them to cloud storage for your needs.
Restoration options include:
- Air drying
- Vacuum freeze- or thermal-drying
In most cases, documents that have suffered clean water damage can be frozen or dried within 48 hours if the moisture exposure is less than 24 hours old.
If the water damage in your workspace is confined to a small area, structure and contents drying can be accelerated with the aid of drying chambers made of polyethylene sheets. These chambers limit the spread of water vapor during drying to make the process faster and more efficient.
SERVPRO of Loudon & Roane Counties provides businesses with service that keeps your property looking, “Like it never even happened.” Call (865) 986-3015 to begin the disaster mitigation process 24/7.
Is My Oven Salvageable After a Fire in Lenoir City?
SERVPRO of Loudon & Roane Counties keeps residences looking, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO Technicians Eliminate Fire Damage From Lenoir City Homes
Fire damage in the home is most common in kitchens, with this one area accounting for two out of every five fires, according to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) data. While ovens are built to withstand some degree of direct exposure to fire, the damage may require professional assistance to restore your Lenoir City residence.
SERVPRO technicians are trained to return fire-damaged Lenoir City homes to a preloss condition. This firm focuses on thorough training for technicians in the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) standards for fire damage cleanup and restoration.
What Should I Do in the Event of an Oven Fire?
• Ovens can smother minor fires. Keep your oven door closed, and most small fires that occur can be snuffed out by the lack of oxygen. However, if additional suppression is needed, try baking soda, salt, or your kitchen fire extinguisher.
• Clean up after extinguishing. Ovens need a thorough cleaning after putting out a fire, not just for burnt residues, but also for the fire suppression methods you used.
• Confirm whether or not professional repair is needed first. If you are unsure about whether your oven can function after a fire, call an oven repair company for guidance after a small fire.
What Tools Does SERVPRO Use to Remove Soot Residues from My Kitchen?
SERVPRO uses a broad selection of cleaning instruments and solutions for cleaning a variety of surfaces:
• HVAC systems can be cleaned with agitating tools to dislodge and eliminate soot deposits.
• Light soot residues can be addressed with dry cleaning sponges and EPA-registered detergent solutions.
• More substantial damages, such as charred wood cabinets, can be removed with abrasive materials like soda ash or dry ice.
SERVPRO of Loudon & Roane Counties keeps residences looking, “Like it never even happened.” Call (865) 986-3015 for cleanup service from an emergency response team.
Who Restores Sewer Backups in Commercial Offices?
Having sewer problems in your place of business in Lenoir City? Don't call just anyone. Make the right choice, SERVPRO can remove the water damage.
Our Commercial Water Removal Teams Are Here to Help When a Sewer Blockage Affects Your Lenoir City Business
What causes sewers to backup in commercial premises?
When sewers back up, it is usually due to blockages in the drainage line between your plumbing system and the mainline sewers of Lenoir City. These can be due to grease buildup, improper flushing, or irregular maintenance. However, it is not uncommon for a sewer backup to occur in commercial premises because there is a significant stress on the system throughout the year. SERVPRO has experience working with commercial insurers and building managers to ensure these issues are dealt with quickly and efficiently.
Is it safe to restore sewer backup using in-house janitors?
Most building managers use commercial water removal services in Lenoir City rather than in-house janitors. Sewers contain all kinds of harmful substances that require personal protective equipment (PPE) to deal with safely. Our technicians can bring portable water extractors on site, which can store up to 40 gallons of water at a time. These are vital equipment in office blocks because sewer backup occurs above the first floor, making truck-mounts or pumping equipment inappropriate.
How can I prevent sewer back up from occurring in my offices?
- Regular maintenance and inspection on an annual basis can identify issues before they cause a sewer backup
- Installing pressure reducing valves can help to control the amount of stress plumbing systems are under in offices with multiple bathrooms
- Sewer release valves can prevent blockages from becoming a significant issue
How do you sanitize an area after a sewer backup?
An essential method of sanitization is to remove any solid waste from the area altogether. To prevent debris from dripping through a building, SERVPRO uses double-sealed polyethylene bags when transporting biohazardous waste. Following an inspection, our team can then thoroughly disinfect and deodorize the area using water-based, non-toxic solvents. We can usually isolate these areas effectively to cause minimum disruption to your staff during restoration.
To manage sewer backups efficiently in your office, contact SERVPRO of Loudon & Roane Counties at (865) 986-3015.
How Can I Get Rid of Kitchen Appliance Fire Damage in Lenoir City?
SERVPRO of Loudon & Roane Counties serves the community with emergency-response mitigation that is Faster to Any Size Disaster.
SERVPRO Technicians Provide Fire Damage Cleanup for Lenoir City Homes Affected By Kitchen Fires
Kitchen appliance fires in the home can be overwhelming to deal with, especially for Lenoir City homeowners cooking for loved ones on top of managing work and day-to-day tasks. Unfortunately, however, home cleaning products are not designed to tackle the complexities of fire and smoke residues.
When kitchen fire damage occurs in your Lenoir City home, SERVPRO technicians are ready to bring you rapid mitigation, repair, and restoration that restores your kitchen while minimizing loss of belongings.
Understanding Wet and Dry Smoke in Fire Damage
Fire damage can generate wet or dry smoke, depending on the type of material burned. Dry wood, paper, and cotton or wool, for example, typically produce a dry smoke from fast-burning, high-temperature flames. Synthetic materials, like foam rubber and plastics, produce low-temperature, slow-burning fires that leave behind greasy deposits that are harder to clean.
Several other factors affect the type of residues in a kitchen fire, including:
• The flame’s temperature and access to oxygen
• Burning speed
• Presence of combusted proteins
How SERVPRO Removes Kitchen Fire Damage From Your Residence
If the catalyst of the fire is an appliance failure, the resultant wet residues and aerosols require more cleanup than their drier counterparts. SERVPRO techs typically work from ceiling to floor, addressing dry, light soils before moving on to more heavy-duty cleanup measures.
• Venetian blinds and other materials might require immersion in an ultrasonic tank filled with water and cleaning solution to remove residues thoroughly.
• Protein residues from burnt animal proteins require enzyme digesters to mitigate odors and to alter these hard-to-clean deposits for easy sanitation chemically.
• The air in your home can be cleaned with HEPA-filter air scrubbers designed to catch soot particles and other impurities in the air.
SERVPRO of Loudon & Roane Counties serves the community with emergency-response mitigation that is Faster to Any Size Disaster. Call (865) 986-3015 when you need disaster cleanup at any time of the day or night.
What Needs to Happen to Clean Up After Water Damage?
Lenoir City we know how important your home is, call SERVPRO today we can help.
Our SERVPRO Technicians Can Help with Surface Cleaning and Post-Construction Recovery After Lenoir City Water Damages.
Water damage can occur from dozens of different sources in your Lenoir City home, each of which can present its own unique challenges and obstacles with cleaning and recovery. Addressing the immediate threats first like migrating water and thorough drying is the ideal place to begin. Our SERVPRO professionals can help in this regard by arriving quickly with the cutting-edge equipment to help.
Regarding water cleanup for Lenoir City homes like yours, our technicians cannot begin these often intricate tasks without first addressing the immediate damaging effects throughout the residence. The best way that we can assess the full measure of the work that must get done and the appropriate personnel to complete these tasks is allowing our project manager and crew chief to scope out the job alongside the customer.
What is Job Scoping after Water Emergencies?
Job scoping is a crucial element in meeting the needs of your home and its occupants after any disaster takes place. With water losses, we must quickly determine not only what damage has already occurred, but the migration patterns of the moving water to better protect other areas of your home that might not yet get affected. Several vital details can get learned through the scoping process, including:
- Assessing Current Conditions
You might not be able to recognize how widespread water damage might be or how minimal it could be until the appropriate assessments have gotten made. Through the use of advanced discovery tools like thermal imagery and hygrometers, we can have an understanding of present moisture pockets and where dampness might exist that needs to get dried.
Losses might not always be apparent, either. With an area-by-area inspection with probing moisture detection tools and other practices, we can determine if certain exposed materials might be structurally compromised and a danger to our responding technicians or the occupants of the house.
- Inspecting Exposed Contents
The items in your home can be among the first things that become irreparably damaged by pooling water or migrating loss effects. Assessing these belongings on an item-by-item basis gives our technicians a better idea of what must happen with your possessions. From relocating them somewhere else on-site to removing them for safekeeping in our SERVPRO warehouse, we make the choices based on perceived risks.
Does SERVPRO Work with Insurance Providers?
Many homeowners do not always have as great of home insurance as they thought when loss incidents occur, so our responding technicians need to act quickly to minimize the expenses and time restoration takes. Even with coverage for water losses, there are many hurdles to getting a damage claim approved that our professionals can help with, including:
Documenting losses and damage is one of the critical elements in preparing both an estimate for our customers and an accurate assessment of the property for the insurance adjuster.
Using a combination of our own photographs and shots that our customers might have also taken of both the damage and the conditions of the house after the water loss incident, we can show tangible evidence that damage exists.
One of the unique aspects of choosing SERVPRO for restoration is the use of our exclusive DryBook software. This program allows our technicians and management to input real-time data based on environmental testing, content management, and the progress of the drying process.
What Needs to be Cleaned After Water Losses?
Cleaning up your residence after a water loss incident can be more necessary than many homeowners might initially think. Even with clean water disasters, residues, debris, and color bleeding can occur on surfaces and materials. Cleaning up these areas and contents involves the use of potent products approved by the EPA and advanced restoration techniques. We focus this corrective cleaning on:
- Wall Surfaces
- Wood Flooring
Is There Cleaning Necessary After Reconstruction?
While not every loss situation in your residence might require build back services, we have a team of in-house licensed contractors to help if it does. If reconstruction is a requirement for restoration, certain cleaning practices must take place after this as well. Dust and debris generated from new construction can often get resolved by wiping walls and surfaces throughout the areas where this build back occurred.
We strive to provide every customer with a fast and confident response after a water loss emergency because we recognize how quickly these situations can get out of control. Our SERVPRO of Loudon & Roane Counties team can mobilize quickly to help you make water losses “Like it never even happened.” Give us a call today at (865) 986-3015.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open in Lenoir City, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned,but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Loudon & Roane Counties today at (865) 986-3015 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Lenoir Restaurants That are Open or Serving Pick Up Meals Must Step-up Cleaning Protocols
SERVPRO cleans and disinfects following the guidance of the CDC.
SERVPRO of Loudon & Roane Counties is Available to Help
Many restaurants that are still preparing food (often for takeout) have an added responsibility to practice social distancing, protect employees and customers to help reduce the chances of pathogen transfer.
Keeping your workspace in Lenoir professionally cleaned is essential during this time, especially in a small city. Even if you believe you are doing a fine job with cleaning, there may be more that could be done, a higher level of service. Professionals have specialized equipment and access to hospital-grade disinfectants beyond what the public can access.
• Proper Application: Many cleaning products must be applied in a specific way and only on certain surfaces. At SERVPRO, our technicians are trained and understand how to use these products correctly.
• Training: Our SERVPRO technicians are certified by the Institution of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC.) We have the training, knowledge, and experience to identify the correct steps for whatever situation we face.
• Experience Defined: Our expert SERVPRO crews work on bio-hazard cleaning, crime and death scene decontamination, sewage spill cleanup, and antimicrobial remediation every day of the week. We understand how to virus properly perform preventative cleaning.
• Information: Please call to discuss your needs; maybe we can help you focus on running your business and reduce stress.
In addition to helping restaurants, we work for other businesses and homes too. Call SERVPRO of Loudon & Roane Counties today, at (865) 986-3015.
For more about Lenoir click here.
Advice from the medical and scientific community regarding how to deal with the coronavirus is based on present knowledge, which is subject to change as the situation continues to develop. There can be no assurance that disinfectants alone will be adequate to fully eliminate the virus. We are not physicians or infectious disease professionals. Consult your medical professionals for individual medical advice.
When Should I Call a Flood Damage Cleanup Team After a Garage Flood in Lenoir City?
“Like it never even happened.”
After You Get Approval From Your Insurer, Call SERVPRO For Rapid-Response Flood Damage Mitigation in Lenoir City
Flood damage can be disastrous in any part of the home, including the garage. Not only can flood waters cause water damage and eventual mold growth on your property, but these waters can bring in insects, industrial waste, sewage, and other contaminants that can affect the safety of your home.
If you need flood damage cleanup for your Lenoir City home’s garage, SERVPRO technicians are ready to answer the call. These Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)-certified pros, as well as franchise owners, receive hands-on training in water damage mitigation, biohazard cleanup, and mold remediation to restore residences affected by disaster to a pre-flood condition.
What Can Flood Damage Do to My Garage?
Flooding can affect almost every surface in your garage. Consider the following:
• It only takes a few days for floodwaters to tarnish and then corrode metals in your garage, including auto parts, tools, and shelving.
• Mold growth can start in as little as 24 to 48 hours after exposure, and can even reproduce on nonporous surfaces in the right conditions.
• Floodwaters not only contaminate personal effects and structural materials like drywall and concrete, but they can also compromise the safety of your electrical system.
Does SERVPRO Clean Structures, Contents, or Both During Flood Damage Cleanup?
SERVPRO techs can clean both structural materials and contents in your home that have been affected by floodwaters. Depending on the extent of flooding, the mitigation team cleaning your home may recommend moving your possessions offsite to a SERVPRO warehouse for contents cleaning and restoration. Not only can technicians ensure that your belongings are cleaned and restored as much as possible, but they can also take inventory of your belongings both during the pack-out process, which is beneficial for your proof of loss claim.
SERVPRO of Loudon & Roane Counties provides emergency-response service that is Faster to Any Size Disaster when you call (865) 986-3015.
For more about Lenoir City click here.
What Equipment Best Removes Water from Lenoir City Homes?
No matter how severe water losses might be, let our professionals help make it “Like it never even happened.”
Why Sump Pumps Can Handle Larger Lenoir City Properties
Of the numerous tools used to overcome substantial water loss incidents in Lenoir City homes, the standard choice for extraction continues to be electric submersible pumps. Because of their versatility in the field following flooding and widespread water loss, we can even utilize these tools for large residential properties where many areas of the house have become damaged by migrating effects.
Our crew chief scopes the entire property and its spread of water loss effects to determine if water removal in Lenoir City homes is necessary. Using software like our SERVPRO DryBook, we can document the parameter of the moisture damage. We then design a specific plan of action to begin reducing standing water and drying out saturated construction materials using a combination of centrifugal and axial air movers as well as refrigerant dehumidifiers. Grander properties might also benefit from the deployment of our trailered desiccant dehumidifier to introduce drier exhausted air into damp regions of the house.
To address standing water, the ideal tool for this task is the electric sump pump. With the lower power demands (115V) of the individual units, along with the continual draw of standing water, our SERVPRO team can regain control of substantial losses. For more prominent properties with several inches of pooled water throughout a level, more than one submersible pump can provide continuous, quiet operation until the water level drops below two inches, where another piece of equipment is necessary to finish the job.
For widespread demands like sprawling residential properties affected by significant water losses from plumbing breaks or other disasters, we can utilize our industrial-grade sump pumps as well. While the smaller devices can move a maximum of 18,000 gallons an hour, these more substantial units can move up to 6,000 gallons of water a minute. The size demands for extraction tools can get determined during the initial inspection phase before mitigation work begins.
Though our SERVPRO of Loudon & Roane Counties team has many extraction tools and equipment to choose from, the electric submersible pump is the standard for many reasons. No matter how severe water losses might be, let our professionals help make it “Like it never even happened,” by calling (865) 986-3015.
More about Lenoir City.
How Does Water Damage Hurt Tile in Your Lenoir City Home?
SERVPRO restores flooding damaged from water.
We Can Reattach the Tile In Your Lenoir City Workshop!
A leaky pipe in your Lenoir City garage can be difficult to notice. Garages are usually filled with tools, storage bins, and cars, making it challenging to spot dripping water. As a result, water can accumulate and cause damage to the tile in your garage's workshop. It is vital to contact professionals to mitigate damages because tiles can be costly to replace.
When your Lenoir City home experiences water damage, you need the assistance of a restoration company that wastes no time getting to work. SERVPRO water damage restoration technicians (WRT) can arrive at your property within four hours to begin their repair work. Different types of tile react differently to water, and each type requires different restoration techniques. Workshop floors often consist of vinyl or asphalt tiling. Both types are easy to clean; however, they can detach from subflooring after being submerged for extended periods. Concrete and ceramic tile, on the other hand, are more resistant to spillage, but both have their downsides. Concrete tile is porous, allowing mold to grow on it after exposure to water. Ceramic tile is the most durable type of tile; however, the grouting holding it in place is susceptible to water damage.
When we arrive on your property, we can get to work pumping out the standing water in your workshop with the use of wet vacs. We can then inspect your tile for damage and determine the best course of action. Asphalt or vinyl tile can be removed, dried, and reattached to your floor. If you have ceramic tile that is shifting due to damaged grouting, our techs can reinstall each tile with fresh grouting. In the case of concrete tile experiencing mold growth, we can clean the mold with the application of disinfectants.
Finally, we make sure to inspect your subflooring with moisture meters to ensure that there is no additional damage.
If your workshop floor has begun to fall apart because of water damage, then call SERVPRO of Loudon & Roane Counties at (865) 986-3015. We are available 24/7, so call us, and we can help you feel "Like it never even happened."
More about Lenoir City.