What Typically Gets Damaged by Commercial Water Damage?
SERVPRO Techs Restore Lenoir City Businesses with Commercial Water Damage Repair
Commercial water damage affects business owners in Lenoir City on multiple levels. Not only does this type of disaster cost billions each year, but it can create even more in losses from future business until repairs and replacement measures are complete.
Lenoir City in need of water damage repair can count on SERVPRO to get the job done right. SERVPRO technicians use a meticulous and scientific approach to disaster cleanup that strives to minimize property loss and maximize cost savings during the mitigation and restoration process.
SERVPRO tools ensure that properties receive the same high standard of care required to mitigate disaster successfully. Equipment includes:
- Sophisticated moisture measurement technologies that help establish drying goals and monitor surfaces throughout the mitigation process.
- Extraction tools like wands and rovers ensure that water damage is successfully removed from carpeting and hard-to-reach areas on your property.
- EPA-registered antimicrobial solutions are made to tackle a variety of cleanup needs. SERVPRO has over 100 proprietary solutions available for combating microbial growth, among other disaster concerns.
- Industrial-grade drying equipment includes both air movement and dehumidification for a more efficient drying process.
- Commercial deodorization tools remove lingering water damage odors by behaving like water saturation.
Navigating Your Options for Commercial Water Damage Insurance
Are you trying to find an insurance plan that fits your business’s needs? Consider the following:
- Different policies cover different things. Commercial coverage may need varying amounts of supplemental coverage depending on the type of business you operate. Most business owners, however, would do well to maintain protections for both business assets and the structure of your commercial property.
- Coverage depends on the nature of the disaster. Sudden pipe leaks are more likely to be compensated that slow-acting leaks or drips that have caused damage over time. If the accident has taken a protracted period of time to occur, the insurer may reject compensating you for these damages on the grounds of potential negligence.
- You need to know what is covered under your plan. Keep in mind that flooding is separate from water damage, and requires additional supplemental coverage. Consult with your insurance agent about updating your coverage if you are concerned about the current state of your insurance policy.
Common Items in Need of Repair on Commercial Property
A commercial facility, such as a first-floor office, may need a broad spectrum of cleanup and replacement tasks performed to maintain safety and sanitation, including:
- Electrical components in the walls may require a temporary shutoff for cleaning and restoration after wall cavity water damage buildup.
- Carpeting and pad can quickly lose its ability to adhere to the floor. When this happens, throwing the carpeting away might be ideal compared to taking steps to preserve it. SERVPRO crews can offer guidance on the most cost-effective options for your flooring.
- Wooden furniture and similar items with finishes can experience staining or spreading of pigment.
- Inks in paper goods also bleed quickly after water damage exposure, which can spell bad news for clients looking to preserve essential business papers and other such documents.
- Metals can corrode quickly without fast action. This includes components inside office devices and kitchen appliances.
However, some items cannot be replaced easily. Delaminated vinyl floor tiles, waterlogged ceiling tiles, and crumbly drywall are often cheaper to replace than to repair.
SERVPRO Preserves Water-Damaged Assets
Did you know that SERVPRO mitigation measures also apply to commercial documents? While document restoration can be quite costly, technicians are trained to offer several different document restoration measures that are cost-effective.
Documents in need of restoration can be air-dried on site. SERVPRO techs also have access to offsite cleaning facilities where materials can be frozen and then dried without accumulating additional water damage. SERVPRO can also create digital copies of your documents and upload them to cloud storage for your needs.
Restoration options include:
- Air drying
- Vacuum freeze- or thermal-drying
In most cases, documents that have suffered clean water damage can be frozen or dried within 48 hours if the moisture exposure is less than 24 hours old.
If the water damage in your workspace is confined to a small area, structure and contents drying can be accelerated with the aid of drying chambers made of polyethylene sheets. These chambers limit the spread of water vapor during drying to make the process faster and more efficient.
SERVPRO of Loudon & Roane Counties provides businesses with service that keeps your property looking, “Like it never even happened.” Call (865) 986-3015 to begin the disaster mitigation process 24/7.