Need a Fast Fix for an Unexpected Loudoun Living Room Lake? Call the Team at SERVPRO
When a pipe bursts or appliance ruptures, the topography of your home quickly becomes a waterway. The sheer quantity of water spreading is shocking. As the level rises high enough to float items never intended to be boats, like the disinfectant bottle in the video, you need immediate help from SERVPRO of Loudoun & Roane Counties.
What Are the Risks of Standing Water?
Relatively clean water from a supply line might seem like a manageable DIY problem. Waiting for it to drain away or mopping up slowly with household tools is a mistake, exposing the structural components and fixtures of your home to significant, irreparable damage. Within minutes, water begins to overwhelm and attack building materials and contents, including:
- Soaking and swelling baseboards that perimeter rooms
- Saturating drywall, wicking up the permeable material several inches or feet above the waterline
- Trapping under wall coverings and paint layers, resulting in peeling, bulging, and blistering
- Immersing carpeting and padding, causing stretching, delamination, and tearing
- Penetrating underlying flooring, whether wood, tiled, concrete, or other, causing warping, buckling, and cracking
- Migrating far from the original water emergency site, waterlogging framing, rusting fasteners, dripping down through ceilings
- Creating damp conditions both apparent and hidden perfect for mold growth
How Can Homeowners Mitigate and Remediate Potential Damage?
Watching the video clarifies that even a few inches of water rapidly overtakes your property. Our truck-mounted extractor connected to the wand exerts powerful pressure to suction water out efficiently. SERVPRO crews know the faster our heavy-duty equipment removes water and we apply best-practices drying strategies the more likely wet structures and fixtures like carpeting return to pre-crisis condition.
We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster, so call (865) 986-3015 immediately for a quick assessment and implementation of professional water removal and drying plans. SERVPRO of Loudoun & Roane Counties is ready to help 24/7.