What Are the Main Focal Points of Professional Fire Restoration?
Our SERVPRO professionals can help protect your Oak Ridge property and belongings after fire damage.
As a general term, fire restoration and recovery can mean many different specific actions for your Oak Ridgeresidence. After a loss incident, the condition of your property can be an overwhelming sight, so our SERVPRO professionals offer a fast response to get vital mitigation work started immediately. The sooner these actions begin, the less destructive structure fires can be.
Fire restoration for Oak Ridge residences encompasses various actions necessary to return a property to a preloss condition. Extinguishment can be tricky in this regard, as property owners begin to assume that loss effects do not continue or even worsen after a fire gets put out. With conditions like oily residues, soot, and odors, post-fire houses require substantial attention from our qualified Fire & Smoke Restoration Technicians (FSRT) accredited through the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC.)
What is Content Management?
Protecting your belongings is a vital focus of responding fire restoration technicians on our SERVPRO team. We can appreciate how valuable your possessions and keepsakes are, and preventing irreparable damage or restoring these items quickly can be a glimmer of hope during an otherwise dark time. Depending on the situation and the contents affected, the methods of protecting your possessions or restoring them vary. Some of these options include:
- On-Site Relocation – Migrating loss effects like odors and soot can cause substantial harm to sensitive materials and belongings in your home. Ideally, with a fast response to the damage site, our technicians can remove these items in the path of damaging effects and place them out of harm’s way.
- On-Site Restoration – In some situations, residues and odors have already impacted some of your belongings before our technicians arrive. Depending on the nature of the damage and the specific materials involved, it is sometimes possible to clean surfaces and deodorize these contents on-site.
- Off-Site Recovery – Pack-out processes remove your possessions from the house entirely, taking them to our nearby facility for focused cleaning and restoration with more advanced techniques and equipment. We have ultrasonic submersion tanks, ozone chambers, and other specialty tools to recover damaged items.
What Steps Are Necessary for Cleaning After a Fire?
Cleaning up after a fire can take some planning and consideration, as several of these steps must occur at specific intervals during the restoration process. Missing a window to implement some of these cleaning and recovery practices could lead to unsalvageable structural elements and ruined contents. Some of these cleaning stages that our technicians must implement include:
- Fire Debris Removal – For multiple reasons, from shoveling to dry/wet vacuuming, removing heaps and piles of rubbish, ash, and debris is valuable. Debris removal from the residence lessens the severity of odors, soot, and other loss effects. This process also allows our technicians better to understand the damaged area and the restorative tasks necessary.
- Soot Cleaning – Soot can be one of our technicians' most significant obstacles when restoring fire losses. These carcinogens are acidic, making them a volatile substance to cake to the surface of exposed materials and contents. Cleaning soot involves abrasive tactics like steel wool and brushing, but in many cases, soda blasting or even controlled demolition.
- Residue Removal – Oily residues can also be a common threat for cleaning technicians after a fire. When specific materials burn off in the house, these thick layers of smoke and oil residues can adhere to the surfaces of exposed materials. With water-based chemical solvents, much of this oil-based residue can get emulsified and rinsed away.
Do Odors Go Away on Their Own?
Odors can spread rapidly throughout the residence, making them a distinct challenge for even professional restorers like ours. Because of how widespread these conditions can be, we have multiple tools to handle smoke and other foul odors after a fire loss. From light, handheld units to larger stationery designs that can simultaneously impact thousands of square feet, we can help with your odor problems. Some of these devices include:
- Thermal Foggers
- Hydroxyl Generators
- Ozone Machines
Fire losses can be a considerable struggle for many area homeowners because they might not fully understand their responsibility versus what to expect from fire restoration. Our SERVPRO of Loudon & Roane Counties team can help with a comprehensive solution beginning with mitigation and emergency services and continuing through post-fire repairs and reconstruction. Call us today at (865) 986-3015.